Yes, another book review!
Aside from that I’m thoroughly enjoying the LACK of cold and snow! I’m NOT enjoying the humidity!
Where have the seasons gone? I can remember have four seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.
Now? Not so much. We jump right from winter into summer and back again with hardly any warning. Spring and Fall seem to be but a second thought when we look back at the year. Spring is still cold–winter coat cold only with rain instead of snow with few warm and sunny days and Fall isn’t much better.
Maybe I should say we go from winter to construction instead?
I can’t get on the highway by my place any more since they’re doing construction on the ramps and the highway itself.
I can’t go straight to where I want to go without hitting a few more construction zones sigh.
Grocery store? It used to be a 5 minute drive. Now it’s 30 minutes of hell and getting home is just as bad.
Coffee shop? Two construction zones.
Work? Three construction zones, soon to be four deep sigh.
The highway isn’t really an option since I have to travel ten minutes towards my ultimate destination to get to the next ramp, or ten minutes in the opposite direction sigh.
Why couldn’t the region get its head out of its butt many years ago and appoint the funds, which were supposed to go to road upkeep and water main maintenance already, then instead of waiting 50 years when it then has to all be done at the same freaking time?
Thanx to A Daily Rhythm for a little inspiration.
Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
- I’m currently reading…Another of Marti Talbott’s series. Marblestone Mansion.
- Up next I think I’ll read…Haven’t decided yet but I do have several I’ve started but not finished yet.
- I bought the following book(s) in the past week…Do free books count as buying them since I didn’t have them in my collection before then? Marblestone Mansion (free through Marti Talbott), Missing Heiress (free), Highlander: Series 2, a couple from Eduardo Suastegui and I’m sure there are others.
- I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
- I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
- I can’t wait to get a copy of…the new Anne Rice book
- I wish I could read ___, but…
- I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What would you do if you wanted to buy a book for someone, but didn’t know what they like to read? Would you ask them? Would you choose something you, yourself, like? How would you go about buying them something? Anyone I know well enough to know they read I wouldn’t have to question their preferences but IF that were the case I’d get them a gift card for the book store closest to them (or their favorite used book store) so they could chose what they wanted.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a brief comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!